Nylon is a partially crystalline thermoplastic and is also known as Polyamide or workhorse of engineering plastics. It possesses good mechanical strength, chemical and abrasion resistance with low frictional properties. Nylon sheets are stiff engineering plastic strong enough to replace the metal bushing and bearing often eliminating the requirement of external lubrication.
The most sought nylons are PA66 and PA6 as they are tough, durable with special grade applications. Nylons are silky textured thermoplastic hailing from polyamide family of synthetic polymers. This material is easy to machine, fabricate and can be further processed by extrusion, molding, and casting.
- Excellent bearing and wearing properties.
- Good Chemical resistance.
- Easy to fabricate.
- Reduces noise, wear, and weight parts.
- Excellent sliding properties.
- Low power factor requirements.
- Density relative to water (=1) – 1.15
- Water absorption (24 hrs) – 20%
- Continuous Service Temperature – 90°C (176°F)
- Melting point- 215°C (419°F)
- Packaging machinery parts.
- Foods processing machinery parts.
- Road constructions and composites.
- Gears & Wear pads.
- Wheels & rollers.
- Gaskets & Seals.
- Bearings & Bushing.
- Wire rope sheaves.
Available Sizes & Colors
- Sheet Size: 1.0mm, 1.5mm,2.0mm,3.0mm,5.0mm,6.0mm (2000 x1000), 10.0mm, 12.0mm,15.0mm, 20.0mm, 25.0mm,30.0mm (3050 x12200)
- Material Colour: Natural and Black
For every kinds of Plastic solution, don't hesitate to contact us!