Acrylic is a clear substance which resembles glass but is made from polymers of acrylates and acrylic acid. Clear acrylic sheets were first developed in 1930’s and started gaining popularity as versatile plastic sheeting material. These sheets are light-weight with excellent optical clarity and outdoor weather retention. These are seventeen times stronger, durable, 100% recyclable with minimal breakage. Acrylic substances are flexible in nature; therefore, one doesn’t need any special tool to mold it, instead, it can be easily fabricated, bent and glued.
Types of Acrylic Sheets
- Cell Cast Acrylic Sheets: These are clear colorless sheets with luminous transmittance. It can easily withstand any weather condition and are easy to handle. It comes with excellent technical properties, quality, and high strength.
- Extruded Acrylic Sheets: These are a transparent material which can endure ultraviolet radiation and any weather condition with excellent scratch resistance. Extruded sheets are five times stronger than the wired glass and three times stronger than the double strength window glass.
Acrylic Sheet Features
- Excellent optical quality with hardness & durability.
- Excellent light transmission with weather resistance.
- UV light resistance & Chemical resistance to common acid, alkalis, petroleum oils, and greases.
- Lightweight and safe for food contact.
- Easily fabricated, polished, thermoformed or machined.
- Sound properties, flexibility and 100% recyclable.
Acrylic Sheet Properties
- Density relative to water (=1) – 1.219
- Water absorption (24 hrs) – 0.03%
- Continuous Service Temperature – 85°C (185°F)
- Melting point – 160°C (320°F)
Acrylic Sheet Applications
- Boat and motorcycle window screen
- Architectural application
- Roof lighting, light fitting & shields
- Indoor/Outdoor signage
- POS displays and cabinets
- Barrel vaults
- Fish tanks
- Automotive parts (headlight protectors)
- Model making and framing
Available Sizes, Grades & Colors
- 2440 x 1220
- 2440 x 1520
- 2440 x 1830
- 3000 x 2000
- 1mm to 50mm
- Roll stock 3mm & 4.5mm in Hi-Impact
- We can match the color with MOQ.
For every kinds of Plastic solution, don't hesitate to contact us!